Published: August 31, 2023
Some channel configurations may not restore from persistent memory
Firmware for GRV-R7-I1VAPM-3
Firmware for the following groov EPICs:
For GRV-R7-I1VAPM-3: 3.3.0 to 3.4.1
For groov EPICs: All versions prior to 3.5.0
Resolved In Version:
For GRV-R7-I1VAPM-3: 3.5.0
For groov EPICs: 3.5.1
One or more I/O channel configurations may not be restored correctly from persistent memory after resetting a GRV-R7-I1VAPM-3 module or a groov EPIC processor through either of these methods:
- In groov Manage, you click System > Restart.
- You cycle power on the GRV-R7-I1VAPM-3 module or groov EPIC processor.
The issue occurs in the following situations:
- For GRV-R7-I1VAPM-3 modules, you configure channels through groov Manage. The issue is more likely to occur if the module was recently reset to defaults.
- For groov EPICs, you write through the memory map an invalid channel type to a channel that was previously configured with non-default values.
Do one of the following:
- Configure the I/O channels using PAC Control.
- Through the memory map, explicitly configure the channel's type (memory map address 0xF0100004 for channel 0) to a valid value.
Opto 22 has resolved this issue.
Contact: Opto 22 Product Support.
Phone: 800-835-6786 or 951-695-3080
This Opto 22 Knowledge Base ('OptoKB') article is intended to provide general technical information on a particular subject or subjects and is not an exhaustive treatment of such subjects. Accordingly, the information in this OptoKB article is not intended to constitute application, design, software, or other professional engineering advice or services. Opto 22 may modify the OptoKB articles at any time. Before making any decision or taking any action which might affect your equipment, you should consult a qualified professional.
OPTO 22 DOES NOT WARRANT THE COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS, OR ACCURACY OF THE DATA CONTAINED IN THIS OPTOKB ARTICLE AND MAY MAKE CHANGES THERETO AT ANY TIME AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION WITHOUT NOTICE. FURTHER, ALL INFORMATION CONVEYED HEREBY IS PROVIDED TO USERS 'AS IS.' IN NO EVENT SHALL OPTO 22 BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, LOSS PROFIT, OR DAMAGE, EVEN IF OPTO 22 HAS BEEN ADVISED ON THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
OPTO 22 DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WITH RESPECT TO THE INFORMATION (INCLUDING HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, AND/OR FIRMWARE) PROVIDED HEREBY, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTIBILITY, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. Note that certain jurisdictions do not sanction the exclusion of implied warranties: thus, this disclaimer may not apply to you.
Copyright © 2023 Opto 22. All rights reserved.