This download contains current firmware for the SNAP-PAC-R1, SNAP-PAC-R1-B, and SNAP-PAC-R1-FM controllers. Current firmware for all SNAP PAC brains and controllers is available in a single download here.
NOTE: Opto 22 recommends that you always use the most recent release of PAC Manager. Depending on the shipment date or the version number of the firmware currently installed on your SNAP-PAC-R controller, older versions of PAC Manager cannot install certain levels of firmware:
- As of February 22, 2022, some SNAP-PAC-R controllers ship with new Ethernet components, along with PAC Firmware R10.4d (or higher) and new bootloader firmware to support the new components. PAC Firmware R10.4d (or higher) will not permit installing firmware lower than R10.4d on these controllers. To update firmware on these controllers, you need PAC Manager R10.4b or higher, installed by one of these methods:
- PAC Project 10.4002 or higher
- Build 7 of the R10.4b PAC Manager installer (or higher), identifiable by the file name PAC_Manager_R10.4b-7.exe. If you are not sure that PAC Manager was installed by build 7 of the installer, you can find the installer version number by clicking Control Panel > Programs (or Programs and Features), then scrolling down the list of programs until you find “Opto22 PAC Manager”. Next to it, it should say “R10.4b build 7”.
- Effective April 2, 2018, some SNAP PAC controllers and brains have new flash components. These units shipped with firmware R9.5g (or higher) and new bootloader firmware. PAC firmware versions R9.5f and lower are not compatible with the new component. If you inadvertently install firmware R9.5f or lower on one of these units, you can recover by using the Failsafe Bootloader Mode to install firmware R9.5g or higher.
- For more information about the new flash component, see KB87213.
- For details on Failsafe Bootloader Mode, see "Replacing Damaged Firmware" in the PAC Manager User's Guide (form 1704).
- To install PAC firmware R9.2c or higher on the following controllers only, use PAC Manager R10.4b (or higher), installed by either PAC Project 10.4002 or build 7 of the PAC Manager R10.4b installer. Wireless versions are not affected by this issue:
See the README
document for information on changes and fixes in the current version of this product's firmware.