The PAC Project Software Suite from Opto 22 provides all the software you need for industrial automation, process control, building automation, remote monitoring, data acquisition, and Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) applications in any field. PAC Project software is fully integrated with groov EPIC processors, groov RIO edge I/O modules, SNAP PAC controllers and brains, and groov and SNAP I/O. See current release details in the PAC Project Readme.
PAC Project Professional includes the following:
- PAC Control Professional for developing control programs to run on groov EPIC processors and SNAP PAC controllers. groov EPIC, SNAP PAC R-series, and SNAP PAC S-series controllers are developer and IIoT ready with a built-in HTTP/HTTPS server and a RESTful API.
- PAC Display Professional for creating HMIs for operators and technicians
- PAC Manager for SNAP PAC configuration and maintenance
- OptoOPCServer for communication with OPC 2.0 clients
- OptoDataLink for sharing SNAP PAC System data with databases
- SoftPAC for running control programs on a software-based programmable automation controller (PAC) designed for PC-based control
This is a software product that includes complete documentation in Adobe Acrobat PDF format.
PAC Project Professional includes support for controller-level redundancy when used with identical SNAP PAC S-series controllers and the SNAP PAC Redundancy Option Kit (part number SNAP-PAC-ROK). To use controller redundancy, controller firmware R9.1b or higher is required.
To find out if you can upgrade to this version for free, see the Opto 22 Software Upgrade Policy.
If you are using older (not groov EPIC, groov RIO, or SNAP PAC) controllers or brains with PAC Project, see the SNAP PAC System Migration Technical Note (form 1688) for important information.
All PAC Project software, both Basic and Professional, is in one single download. You can install the Basic version right away to get started. To install PAC Project Professional, first purchase the software, and then contact Opto 22 to confirm your purchase and receive your password. More about purchasing software and getting a password.
When you have your password, download and run the installer file. Choose PAC Project Professional and enter your password.
The following applications are installed by default. If you don't want them all, when prompted during the installation process, uncheck the ones you don't want.
- PAC Control Professional
- PAC Display Professional
- PAC Manager
- Tools (PAC Utilities)
- EtherNet/IP Configurator
PAC Project Professional runs on Microsoft® Windows® 10 Professional (32-bit or 64-bit).
OptoOPCServer and OptoDataLink only are also compatible with the following operating systems:
- Windows Server® 2019
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2008 R2
NOTE: Other versions of Windows operating systems and embedded Windows operating systems are not supported.