The serial B3000 typically reads the SNAP-AIVRMS and SNAP-AIARMS normally, but over time, some readings go to zero, or are twice the actual value.
Brain firmware version 81.32 corrects this issue. Determine the firmware version in your serial B3000 using the suggested methods:
If you are using OptoControl:
1. A serial B3000 unit may represent up to two digital I/O units, and two analog I/O units. Select one of the configured I/O units to inspect in Debug mode.
2. In Debug mode, double-click the I/O unit in the strategy tree. The View I/O Unit window appears.
3. The version is listed under Firmware Version.
4. If the version is within the affected version range, contact Opto 22 Product Support.
When using OptoControl, but OptoControl strategy source code won’t be available:
1. Sample OptoControl source code to retrieve the B3000 firmware version is available.
2. The version may be viewed in OptoDisplay Runtime by using OptoDisplay Configurator to add a text object with a dynamic attribute to read “Text In (from controller).” Associate the text object with the OptoControl tag that receives the version information from the B3000 brain.
3. Contact Opto 22 Product Support to request the example.
If you are using a custom application in a Windows environment:
If you are experiencing the above symptoms and are using a custom application in a Windows environment, contact Opto 22 Product Support to determine the firmware revision.